CMAT Model Set 6 – Logical Reasoning
Direction: Spot the odd one out
- a) Rara
- b) Trishuli
- c) Phewa
- d) Phoksundo
- a) Horse
- b) Sparrow
- c) Cow
- d) Pig
- a) accelerator
- b) petrol
- c) brake
- d) steering wheel
- a) soil
- b) food
- c) water
- d) fruit
- a) bringer
- b) Orange
- c) Apple
- d) grapes
56. A man said to a woman “Your brother’s only sister is my mother”. How is the man related to woman
- a) Nephew
- b) Son-in- law
- c) Husband
- d) Son
57. A glass gull of Beer weights 1 kg and the glass and half full of Beer weights ¾ kg. What is the weight of glass?
- a) 1/2 kg
- b)1/4 kg
- c)1/8 kg
- d) 1/3 kg
58. Which word comes last in Dictionary?
- a) Ensure
- b) Enslave
- c) Ensnare
- d) Ensign
59. If English Alphabets are written in reverse order, what will be the 4th letter to the right of the 13th letter from the left?
- a) J
- b) L
- c) K
- d) M
60. Which word cannot be formed from MADRID?
- a) RAM
- b) MARRA
- c) DREAM
- d) AMARD
Direction: In each series, look for the degree and direction of change between the numbers. In other words do the number increase or decrease and by how much and determine what number should come next?
61. Look at the series:66,77,88,99….
- a) 44
- b) 55
- c) 110
- d) 100
62. Look at the series:3,4,7,8,11,12…
- a) 7
- b) 10
- c) 14
- d) 15
63. Look at the series: 14, 28, 20, 40, 32, 64 …
- a) 52
- b) 96
- c) 56
- d) 128
64. Look at the series: 5.2, 4.8, 4.4, …
- a) 3
- b) 3.5
- c) 3.3
- d) 3.6
65. Look at the series: 8, 6, 9, 23, 87, …
- a) 128
- b) 226
- c) 324
- d) 429
Direction: Logically decode the given questions
66. If CROW is codded as RWCO, what should be WORK?
- a) OKWR
- b) KROW
- c) ROWK
- d) WKRO
67. If PALE is coded as 2134, Earth is coded as 415490, how can PEARL be coded in that language?
- a) 25430
- b) 29530
- c) 25413
- d) 24153
68. If ZEBRA can be written as 2652181, how can COBRA be written?
- a) 302181
- b) 3152181
- c) 31822151
- d) 1182153
69. If ‘eraser’ is called ‘box’, ‘box’ is called ‘pencil’, ‘pencil’ is called ‘sharpner’ and ‘sharpner’ is called ‘bag’, what will a child write with?
- a) eraser
- b) bag
- c) pencil
- d) sharpner
70. If FRIEND is coded as HUMJTK, then CANDLE written in that code?
- a) EDRIRL
- b) DCQHQK
- c) ESJFME
- d) FYOBOC
Direction: Two statement are given each followed by four answer choices.
Select the best answer choice which is logically based on the arguments in the given statement
71. All is fair in love and war.
- a) normal rules of society should be applied in every situation of life.
- b) everything wrong, unethical, etc. that is done can be excused
- c) person conflict of emotional involvemet shouldn’t be given priority in life
- d) kings can do anything in people’s life
72. Smoking is dangerous still people smoke.
- a) people smoke out a of pleasure
- b) it will effect of smoking is rumour only
- c) smoking pollutes environment
- d) passive smoking is not so bad
73. Beauty is only skin deep.
- a) the beautiful appearance isn’t as important as inner quality
- b) beauty lies on the complexion of a girl
- c) everything that glitters is like gold
- d) what matters is what one looks outside: it doesn’t matter how ugly one is beneath
74. Brittle things break easily.
- a) all hard things are brittle
- b) some hard things break easily
- c) some hard things are brittle and can be broken
- d) steel is unbreakable because it is very hard
75. Akabar was popular because he was secular.
- a) all seculars are popular
- b) all popular are seculars
- c) only seculars are populars
- d) none of these