CMAT TU Entrance Exam Model-I Logical Reasoning
Section III: Logical Reasoning
Direction: Six girls are sitting in a circle facing to the centre of the circle.
They are P, Q, R, S, T and V. T is not between Q and S but some other one. P is next to the left of V. R is 4th to the right of P.
51. Which of the following statement is not true?
a. S is just next to the right to R
b. T is just next to the right of V
c. R is second to the left of T d.
P is second to the right of R
52. If P and R interchange their positions then which of the following pair will sit together?
53. What is the position of T?
a. Just next to the right of Q
b. Second to the left of P
c. Between Q and R
d. To the immediate right of V
54. Which one is sitting just right to the V?
Direction: Choose the pair that best represents a similar relationship to the one expressed in the original pair of words.
55. UMBRAGE : OFFENSE
a. confusion : penance
b. infinity : meaning
c. decorum : decoration
d. elation : jubilance
56. DIRGE : FUNERAL
a. chain : letter
b. bell : church
c. telephone : call
d. jingle : commercial
57. DOMINANCE : HEGEMONY
a. romance : sympathy
b. furtherance : melancholy
c. independence : autonomy
d. tolerance : philanthropy
58. PHOBIC : FEARFUL
a. asinine : silly
b. cautious : emotional
c. envious : desiring
d. shy : familiar
59. FERAL : TAME
a. rancid : rational
b. repetitive : recurrent
c. ephemeral : immortal
d. repentant : honorable
60. In a family there are husband wife, two sons and two daughters. All the ladies were invited to a dinner. Both sons went out to play. Husband did not return from office. Who was at home?
a. Only wife was at home
b. All ladies were at home
c. Only sons were at home
d. Nobody was at home
61. Artists are generally whimsical. Some of them are frustrated. Frustrated people are prone to be drug addicts. Based on these statements which of the following conclusions is true?
a. All frustrated people are drug addicts
b. Some artists may be drug addicts
c. All drug addicts are artists
d. Frustrated people are whimsical
62. If A is the son of Q, Q and Y are sisters, Z is the mother of Y, P is the son of Z, and then which of the following statements is correct?
a. P is the maternal uncle of A
b. P and Y are sisters
c. A and P are cousins
d. None of the above
63. There are five books A, B, C, D and E placed on a table. If A is placed below E, C is placed above D, B is placed below A and D is placed above E, then which of the following books touches the surface of the table?
64. Three ladies X, Y and Z marry three men A, B and c. X is married to A, Y isn’t married to an engineer, Z is not married to a doctor, C isn’t a doctor and A is a lawyer. Then which of the following statements is correct?
a. Y is married to C who is an engineer
b. Z is married to C who is a doctor
c. X is married to a doctor
d. None of these
Direction: These questions are based on the figure given below in which (1) Rectangle represents Males, (2) Circle represents the urban (3) Square represents the educated and (4) Triangle represents the civil servants.
65. The number indicating the uneducated urban males is
66. The number indicating the educated civil servants who are males but not urban is
67. The number indicating the educated urban males who are not civil servants is
68. The number indicating the educated males who are urban civil servants is
69. The number indicating the uneducated males who are urban civil servants is
Direction: Each of the following questions contains two statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to consider the two statements to be true, even if they seem to be at variance at the commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions definitely follows from the given statements.
Give answer ((a) if only I follows ; ((b)if only conclusion II follows ; ((c) ) if both I and II follow; ((d) if neither I nor II follows and
70. Statement : Some tables are glasses. All trees are tables.
Conclusions: I.Some trees are glasses II. Some glasses are trees.
71. Statement : No man is a lion.Somu is a man.
Conclusions: I. Somu is not a lion. II. All men are not Somu.
72. Statement : All students are girls.No girl is dull
Conclusions : I. There are no boys in the class II. No student is dull
73. Statement : Many actors are singers.All singers are dancers.
Conclusions: I. Some actors are dancers. II. No singer is an actor.
74. Statement : Some files are ants.All insects are ants.
Conclusions: I. All files are ants. II. Some ants are insects.
75. Pointing towards a girl, Abhisek says, “This girl is the daughter of only
a child of my father.” What is the relation of Abhisek’s wife to that girl?