Section II – Quantitative Ability
26. If the length of a rectangle is halved and its breadth is tripled, what is the percentage change in its area?
a. 25 % Increase
b. 25 % Decrease
c. 50 % Decrease
d. 50 % Increase
27. A car owner buys diesel at Rs.7.50, Rs. 8 and Rs. 8.50 per litre for three successive years. What approximately is the average cost per litre of diesel if he spends Rs. 4000 each year? a. Rs. 8
b. Rs. 7.98
d. Rs. 8.1
28. On 8th Feb, 2005 it was Tuesday. What was the day of the week on 8th Feb, 2004? a. Sunday
29. In a camp, there is a meal for 120 men or 200 children. If 150 children have taken the meal, how many men will be catered to with remaining meal?
30. How many times in a day, the hands of a clock are straight
31. What is the least number which when divided by 5, 6, 7 and 8 leaves a remainder 3, but when divided by 9 leaves no remainder?
32. Find the ratio in which rice at Rs. 7.20 a kg be mixed with rice at Rs. 5.70 a kg to produce a mixture worth Rs. 6.30 a kg. a. 4 : 3
b. 3 : 4
c. 2 : 3
d. 3 : 2
33. If x and y are positive integers such that (3x + 7y) is a multiple of 11,then which of the followings are divisible by 11?
a. 9x + 4y
b. x + y + 4
c. 4x – 9y
d. 4x + 6y
34. Kamal started a business with Rs.25000 and after 4 months, Kiran joined him with Rs.60000. Kamal received Rs.58000 including 10% of profit as commission for managing the business. What amount did Kiran receive?
35. If 20% of a = b, then b% of 20 is the same as:
a. None of these
b. 10% of a
c. 4% of a
d. 20% of a
36. In how many different ways can the letters of the word ‘CORPORATION’ be arranged so that the vowels always come together?
37. The Average age of a class of 22 subjects in 21 years. The average increased by 1 when the teacher’s age also included. What is the age of the teacher?
38. A train having a length of 240 m passes a post in 24 seconds. How long will it take to pass a platform having a length of 650 m
a. 120 sec
b. 99 s
c. 89 s
d. 80 s
39. Murali purchased 20 dozens of toys at the rate of Rs. 375 per dozen. He sold each one of them at the rate of Rs. 33. Find out his profit percentage.
a. 3.5 b. 5.6
40. If 6m = 46656, What is the value of m-2?
41. Two boys start from the same place walking at the rate of 5 kmph and 5.5 kmph respectively in the same direction. What time will they take to be 8.5 km apart?
a. 17 hr
b. 14 hr
c. 12 hr
d. 19 hr
42. A work can be finished in 16 days by twenty women. The same work can be finished in fifteen days by sixteen men. The ratio between the capacity of a man and a woman is
43. The probability of A getting a job is 1/5 and that of B is 1/7. What is the probability that only one of them gets a job?
44. The price of 24 apples is equal to that of 28 oranges. The price of 45 apples and 60 oranges together is Rs.1350. The total price of 30 apples and 40 oranges is
45. A is two years older than B who is twice as old as c. If the total of the ages of A, B and C be 27, the how old is B?
46. The value of log
2 16 is: a. 1/8
47. In a 100 m race, A beats B by 10 m and C by 13 m. In a race of 180 m, B will beat C by:
a. 5.4 m
b. 4.5 m
c. 5 m
d. 6 m
48. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 20 and 30 minutes respectively. If both the pipes are used together, then how long will it take to fill the tank?
a. 12 min
b. 15 min
c. 25 min
d. 50 min
49. If 0.75 : x :: 5 : 8, then x is equal to:
50. A container contains 40 litres of milk. From this container 4 litres of milk was taken out and replaced by water. This process was repeated further two times. How much milk is now contained by the container?
a. 26.34 litres
b. 27.36 litres
c. 28 litres
d. 29.16 litres